Podignut forum.

Author Topic: Стоичка созерцања  (Read 338 times)

Добривоје

Re: Стоичка созерцања
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 09:15:57 PM 2019, »
само је смрт сигуран посао

Добривоје

« Reply #16 on: January 23, 01:47:16 PM 2019, »
Filozofija stoicizma - Masimo Piljuči (Massimo Pigliucci)

Koji je najbolji mogući život? Kako da se nosimo sa bilo čim što nam univerzum servira i da, bez obzira na sve, uspevamo? Antička grčko-rimska filozofija stoicizma objašnjava da, iako možda uvek nemamo kontrolu nad događajima koji utiču na nas, možemo da imamo kontrolu nad tim kako prilazimo stvarima. Masimo Piljuči opisuje filozofiju stoicizma.

Lekcija: Masimo Piljuči; animacija: Compote Collective.

How to change your life for the better by practicing ancient Greco-Roman philosophy as a way of life. Massimo Pigliucci has a PhD in Evolutionary Biology from the University of Connecticut and a PhD in Philosophy from the University of Tennessee. He currently is the K.D. Irani Professor of Philosophy at the City College of New York. His research interests include the philosophy of biology, the science philosophy relationship, pseudoscience and the philosophy of Stoicism.

Having published in national and international outlets such as the New York Times, Washington Post and Wall Street Journal, he is a Fellow of the Committee for Skeptical Inquiry and a Contributing Editor to Skeptical Inquirer. He owns two blogs: Plato’s Footnote on general philosophy and How to Be a Stoic on his personal exploration of Stoicism as practical philosophy.

Pigliucci has also published 153 technical papers in science and philosophy, while he is the author or editor of 13 books, most recently of the best selling How to Be A Stoic: Using Ancient Philosophy to Live a Modern Life. This talk was given at a TEDx event using the TED conference format but independently organized by a local community. Learn more at https://www.ted.com/tedx

Mladen M

« Reply #17 on: January 23, 07:09:12 PM 2019, »
odlicni su ti klipovi

Добривоје

« Reply #18 on: January 23, 07:21:35 PM 2019, »
odlicni su ti klipovi

Јашта. Има доста тога лепог да се ископа. Надам се да ће бити и неке користи од њих. Али још је боље читати књиге. Ето, недавно сам дошао до Сенекиног списа "О блаженом животу" и неколико "Писама пријатељу (Луцилију)". Топло препоручујем.

Требало би да овај линк за pdf још увек ради: https://docslide.net/documents/lucije-anej-seneka-pisma-prijatelju.html

« Last Edit: January 31, 11:33:44 AM 2019, by Добривоје »

Mladen M

« Reply #19 on: January 25, 08:37:35 AM 2019, »
odlicni su ti klipovi

Јашта. Има доста тога лепог да се ископа. l

ne znam je l bilo

Добривоје

« Reply #20 on: January 31, 01:07:15 AM 2019, »
ne znam je l bilo

Није било. Одлично предавање! Ево још...

A Crash Course in Stoicism

In his discourse entitled “we ought not to yearn for things that are not under our control” (Discourses, 3.24), the Stoic philosopher Epictetus, described three steps used to cope with apparent misfortunes.  He intended that these should be rigorously rehearsed until they become habitual… Даље >>>
« Last Edit: January 31, 11:32:11 AM 2019, by Добривоје »

Добривоје

« Reply #21 on: January 31, 01:24:11 AM 2019, »
10 Stoic Teachings Of Marcus Aurelius We Desperately Need Today (Practical Stoicism)

In this video we will be talking about The 10 Stoic Teachings Of Marcus Aurelius We Should Use In The Modern Times. Marcus Aurelius was deeply influenced by Stoicism and wrote a Manuel which we know as "meditations".

Even though Marcus Aurelius wrote it 2,000 years ago — his insights on Stoicism still carry strong weight today.

Stoicism is a school of Hellenistic philosophy founded by Zeno of Citium in Athens in the early 3rd century BC. Even though it is over 2000 years old, more and more people are discovering how Stoicism is not only relevant to modern times, but can be applied in very simple, yet strong ways.
So Here are 10 Practical Teachings of Stoicism We Need -

1. Ignore what others are doing
2. Your Reality is Made by your opinions
3. Do less
4. Death is knocking at your door
5. You are stronger than you think
6. You are rising for the work of humankind
7. Never complain
8. You Can Live Happy Anywhere
9. Help the common good
10. Be grateful of your blessings

I hope that you can also integrate some of these stoic lessons into your life, to give you less suffering, stress, anxiety, and more strength to do your life’s task — to serve the common good.

Добривоје

« Reply #22 on: February 08, 12:44:59 PM 2019, »
What is Negative Visualization (Animated)

In this video I explain what is negative visualisation. Then I explain, as simply as possible, why the stoicism exercises of negative visualisation is one of the best stoicism exercises and exactly how it works. Doing stoic exercises is how to be a stoic as Stoicism is a philosophy about doing not talking. For me, it is the best stoicism exercise and is incredibley valuable in practical stoicism. How to do negative visualisation is incredibly simple once you get the hand of it and it can have huge benefits on your life. For those of you asking "how I can be a stoic?" then these exercises are exactly what you need to do.

Unlike the name suggests, negative visualization is a Stoic exercise that will increase your default level of happiness.

You do the exercise completely in your head and you start by imagining what it would feel like if you lost certain things from your life. By doing this, you will prepare yourself for when these events, or similar events, happen to you.

Seneca was aware that everything that you are surprised by hurts twice as much. This is why you want to be prepared for anything that could happen.

“What is quite unlooked for is more crushing in its effect, and unexpectedness adds to the weight of a disaster. The fact that it was unforeseen has never failed to intensify a person’s grief. This is a reason for ensuring that nothing ever takes us by surprise. We should project our thoughts ahead of us at every turn and have in mind every possible eventuality instead of only the usual course of events.” – Seneca

Some of the things that you could consider during the exercise are how it would feel to:
Lose all of your possessions
Lose a loved one
Lose your sight
Live in a third world country
Lose all social status

This exercise can be also applied in a more practical, day to day sense. In the morning, as you are getting ready for the day ahead, imagine what could go wrong in any situation.

“When you are going to perform an act, remind yourself what kind of things the act may involve. When going to the swimming pool, reflect on what may happen at the pool: some will splash the water, some will push against one another, others will abuse one another, and others will steal. Thusly you have mentally prepared yourself to undertake the act, and you can say to yourself: I now intend to bathe, and am prepared to maintain my will in a virtuous manner, having warned myself of what may occur.” – Epictetus

When I first heard this I thought all that negative thinking would make my life worse but I was so so wrong. This exercise will not make you morbid or pessimistic, it will put things into perspective. Whenever you do this exercise you will feel a euphoric wave of gratitude embrace you. You will realise how lucky you really are.

But why does this work? Humans have a tendency to return to a default level of happiness shortly after positive or negative impacts on their lives due to something called the hedonic treadmill. As a person gains more and more money, expectations and desires rise in tandem so there is no permanent gain in happiness. Negative visualisation increases your gratitude, and with an increase of gratitude you will learn to enjoy every step of the journey, not just the destination.

Добривоје

« Reply #23 on: February 08, 12:54:59 PM 2019, »
How to Stop Complaining and Blaming

This video is about how to stop complaining and how to stop blaming people. I focus on what Stoicism says about how to Stop Complaining and blaming. I talk about Will Bowen's movement to stop complaining for 21 days, which has been adopted by Tim Ferris and Oprah, both of which have publically talked about how stop complaining has made them much happier. Stoicism talks alot about how to stop complaining and blaming, featuring Marcus Aurelius and other stoics.